Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Requery the data on 2nd combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragu111

MIS
Aug 15, 2002
AE
i have a form with 2 combos. and a data grid. all connected with DataEnviromnent. cboCountry is connected to country column and cboPlace is connected to places column. by selecting this the datagrid is getting filtered accdly.

but the problem i have is between the combos. once i selected the country from cboCountry the cbo.Place is showing all the places. i wanted to the cboPlace to show only the places which comes under the selected country.

can someone help me on this

ragu [pc]

Dear Ragu

I do not know your data structure however you can try to use filter option in for the second combo data record set. This filter should fire event cboCountry_click event

i tried, but the 2nd combo record is not getting refreshed. it remain same

I've never done much of anything with bound controls in VB; but shouldn't it be just as simple as resetting the DataSource/ControlSource/RowSource (I've forgot what it's called in VB; I've done similar stuff in Access2k)? You could have some code to concatenate a new string for that property based on whats selected in the first CBO.

i tried lots but no luck. anybody else can help me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back