Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Requery blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjdobs

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
CA
I have a tab control in a main form ... each tab has a subform.

I have a public function callable from any subform that initiates a form main requery and each subform has its own requery function

issues:

when access starts the main form automatically requeries all of the subforms which is most unwanted ... I set a global flag in the MAIN FORM LOAD that stops this from happening expect when I am debugging access doesn't appear to be reseting all objects

I only want the current tab to requery once on a change which should be initiated from the Main Form ... it appears when I attempt to do this, Access does the main form requery but then does an automatic requery of the subform again so I'm getting multiple updates ... I am passing a picture between thumbnail and full screen but because of the double requery the picture object is loaded twice and the second requery wipes out the passed pic

A main form requery will always requery the subforms due to the links between them. I'm not sure what would happen if you cleared the links and set the subform record source to reference a main form field (eg Select etc Where FieldName = Forms!YourMainFormName!MainFormControl). Good Luck!

Have a great day!

j2consulting@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back