Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

REQ: anyone got a full copy of Orcale 7i or 8i Database? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wpgn

Programmer
Jan 11, 2014
GB
as Title says am looking for both x86 and sparc edition of Oracle 7i /or 8i database ?, I been looking all over for one but unable to find any, thanks

Checked with any museums? [wink]

==================================
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that nobody appreciates how difficult it was - Steven Wright

Maybe the Oracle at Delphi?

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

Wpgn,

Could you tell us more about your need in case we can identify other solutions (absent our ability to find something that Moses brought across the Red Sea <grin>).

[santa]Mufasa
(aka Dave of Sandy, Utah, USA)
“People may forget what you say, but they will never forget how you made them feel.

I remember installing a PC version of Oracle7 back in the day. It came on a box containing dozens of 3.5" floppy disks that you had to insert one after the other. So you're going to be on the lookout for a floppy drive too (and an hour or two to do the installation) if you're successful in your quest.

Humbling to remember that something as ubiquitous as the CD-Rom (never mind DVDs) is barely 20 years old.

-- Chris Hunt
Webmaster & Tragedian
Extra Connections Ltd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back