Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reprogramming Extention Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

IOKIPP

Technical User
Jul 23, 2010
US
I am over my head please excuse my ignorance. I should have asked the question before making the changes. I have a phone extension that needs to ring like our other receptionists extensions. The extension i copied was the back up receptionist we need 3 receptionists now. The TN was 008 0 00 006 (2008)would only ring when the extension was dialed and i copied 007 0 00 01 (3904). And now I have 008 0 00 012 (3904)for the new extension. The line to the phone is dead and when i dial the extension it just rings and rings. Before I copied the TN i deleted the 008 0 00 006. I also just became aware of another cubicle where the phone line has been disabled. Any help would be appreciated.

Put some DN on all the TNs you worked on. Possible on a key you know is currently blank.

Enable everything this way:

LD 32
.ENLS 0

.ENLS 1

.ENLS 2

Now go to all the places you worked on , call another phone from the DN you just added, and figure out what TN is where.

If you did all of this work this morning, you could press the RLD or Sysload button on the "main card" and restore everything back to what it was last night. Your system will go down for 5 minutes while it reloads. We can only hope it recoveres. If you have reloaded before, you know.

--
Nortel Resources at GHTROUT.com
--

Always print the TN before making any changes so you can go back and bring things back to its previous state.

Was the phone plugged in? If it's disconnected - the midnight routines will disable it.

STAT the TN in LD 20 - if showing as DSBL, just do an ENLU on the TN after the phone is connected back to the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back