Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repository Document Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunjio

MIS
Aug 11, 2004
GB
I performed a safe recovery on a repository but the document domain is missiing. I am trying to re-create a document domain but when i get to the 'define document domain ' window and enter the relevant parameters, I keep getting the error message that "a repository domain of that type already exists for the connection. Please change the type or set up a new connection". I cannot change the type because i only want a document domain as all others exist. I tried the other option but it still doesn't work!

You have a big problem. A safe recover only creates a .key file pointing to the security domain. Why do yo uthink you don't already have a document domain. You don't "re-create" a document domain. You either have one or you don't. Which is it? If you've "lost" your domain, there isn't any way to get it back.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back