Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Repository Access Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mocgp

Technical User
Jul 7, 2006
US

BOEXIR2 - Crystal Pro XIR2 - Oracle 9

We are on a hosted system; I manage the Enterprise CMC via the web and develop reports on an Oracle connection logon. I also have direct access to the Crystal server via remote desktop.

My issue is that, although I can access the Repository through the remote desktop, I am unable to connect to it via the Oracle logon in Crystal Pro. I need to make it accessible to other report writers who do not have access to the remote desktop connection.

When I attempt to logon to the Enterprise from within Crystal Pro, the error message says "CMS host "xxx" cannot be found on the network. Please verify the name and that network name resolution is working properly." My question is, does this sound like just a network issue between me and the host or is there something in Crystal Pro / Enterprise that has to be set or changed in order to make this connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back