Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

repositories

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
i have installed the macafee autoupdate architect on a xp sp2 pc
i have setup my master repository - this is on an ftp server. this has successfully copied the files from macafee's ftp site.

i have setup a distributed repository - again on an ftp site. all ok ftp wise. when i try to replicate from master - i get "failed to download master site list"

i havent checked in any packages - i'm a bit confused about why you need to browse to a .z for this - as my download are on the ftp.

thoughts please

I know that AutoUpdate Architect is a little differnt, but in ePolicy Orchestrator the .Z files are for packages such as Virus Scan Enterprise, or Stinger. I believe they contain a list of files to be copied into the repository and have a point of reference on what is needed to be downloaded in case you want to have clients pull that package.

About the "Failed to get master site list" error, see if you have the firewall in XP turned on, since SP2 turns this on by default, and also make sure that you can FTP to the master repository with the account that you specified manually. Granted this may not be a good indication, but it may be a good place to start.

Hope that helped,

Sven

firewall isnt on

i can ftp to the distributed site ok from pc
if i make it a master as well - it sync's ok
just master to distributed that i get the error

the .z's are the same as you say -

I am having a similar problem related on HTTP repositories. I noticed the addition of the "System Compliance Profiler Templates" in my master repository. After I do a 'pull' if I manually remove that from my repository I am able to successfully replicate.

I don't know if that helps at all but it allows me to maunally update my dat repositories for now. Have a call in to NAI to find out what the (un)helpdesk might say.

___

Hope the info helps someone... remember: It's not a bug it's a feature!

Sorry, I was out-of-office for the week. Saw this when it first appeared on 11/2. My pull and replication tasks run auto late on release day, and McAfee let a bad System Compliance Profiler go with the weekly update. See my post on 11/2 'ePO Repository Replication Failures'--should fix you right up.

The Bug Guy

Unfortunatly ePO and AutoUpdate Architect work a bit differently. I found a new version of the AutoUpdate Architect, version 1.1.2, on their site and it resolved the issue. It no longer pulls the "System Compliance Profiler."

Hope the info helps someone... remember: It's not a bug it's a feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back