Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportSmith Macro ADP Hosted EV4 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tol514

Programmer
Feb 1, 2005
US
Question: Can I code a SaveReport and use the xls extension PLUS some code to invoke the "Retain Formatting" option? (The retain formatting option is now a check-box on the save screen.) Tom

Tom Walsh, HRIS Analyst
Capital Health System
ADP HR&Payroll wi RSmith

I Don't think "Retain Formatting" is in the macro lang anywhere. You may be able to find a print driver that creates something Excel can read.

Check out PrintReport and SaveReport in the Macro book:

You might be able to do something like sendkeys and force the interface to do it. I would bet money it would only work some of the time.

Specializing in ReportSmith Training and Consulting

Charles, this documentation is VERY helpful! Thanks so much!! In fact, thanks, in general, for your help in many of these threads. Tom

Tom Walsh, HRIS Analyst
Capital Health System
ADP HR&Payroll wi RSmith

Now I have run into this with reports that I export into Excel. ReportSmith's Excel driver is very old. Try exporting as a .CSV file instead and then open that in Excel. That resolve the problems I was having with formats and numbers imported as Text

That's a great idea, Roger. Thank you! Tom

Tom Walsh, HRIS Analyst
Capital Health System
ADP HR&Payroll wi RSmith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back