Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremy0028

Technical User
Oct 9, 2005
US
I have a table and frm called Insurance which has the following

InsuranceID(Pk)Auto
Insurance Name

I have a table and form called ProviderIds

Provider(lookup Combo Box)
Code
SELECT Providers.ProviderID, Providers.[First Name] & " " & Providers.[Last Name] & " " & Providers.Mi FROM Providers;

Insurance(lookup) code
SELECT Insurance.InsuranceID, Insurance.[Insurance Name] FROM Insurance;Union Select '0', ' All' from Insurance

Pin#(Text)
Group#(Text)

As you can see i added an all to the insurance look up so when ever an insurance is added to the database it will automatically assign the pin#

When i generate the report and select Insurance Name from the insurance table then select provider from providerid & Pin # it only shows the insurances Selected

Example I select Provider A
I Select Insurance name Blue Cross
I Enter Pin#
Only shows when i enter a insurance all other insurances dont show up

Example I select Provider A
I Select All Insuranes from the combo Box
I Enter Pin#
When i use the all option insurance dosnt show up on the report only when i select an insurance it show up any ideas.

What is filtering your report? Do you have either a record source SQL view or DoCmd.OpenReport... code you would like to share?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back