Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports on Eudora 8 / Penelope

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlockley

Technical User
Nov 28, 2001
US
I downloaded Eudora 8 a while back and thought I would report on it.

The program is not ready for prime time yet. In general it has the look and feel of Eudora, but somewhat cleaner. I haven't been able to use it enough to ascertain what is missing, but I have found a few malfunctions.

First of all, the program insists on insinuating itself as default mailer (I kept the legacy version)for clicked mail links.

Unfortunate it has not let me enter the outgoing mail address correctly, so nothing gets or can be sent. Failing to send a message the program brings up a loop of error reports that the message cannot be saved, preventing shut down without the task manager.
I am sure that at some point the new version will be necessary. Hopefully someone else will try it and report.

I tried it on my Vista laptop. The interface is pretty busy. I hate the way it opens up a new instance on the taskbar for every message you open. I prefer 7 where it just stays in Eudora. I didn't have any real installation problems, and it has a junk filter and the like that I didn't like very much in the paid version of 7, so I think I'm going back to 7 in another week.

LkEErie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back