Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports in ASA 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

telecomadmin12

Technical User
Apr 27, 2012
DE
It seems that my scheduled reports are only running when I have ASA open. When I close it and a report is scheduled I get an error message once I open ASA again saying: "Reported task shows no record of execution at its last scheduled time...". Is there a way to have reports run even when I don't have ASA open?

You could schedule scripts to be executed via the Windows task manager. You specify the login/password to be used at time of execution.

Thanks guys.
jf9219, I am opening ASA using Task Scheduler at a specific time of the day. I also want to close it a few minutes later. Windows task scheduler doesn't give me any options for that. Any suggestions?

Dedicate a PC that keeps ASA opened

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

AvayaTier3,
Won't ASA just timeout? Mine does if I leave it idle for too long.

TelecomAdmin12,
You should look into Windows Scripting. Probably not that tough to send the alt F, X to the ASA app when you want it to shut down.

ASA won't time out and close.

the automatic login is needed when you schedule.

dialup connections when connected to a pbx can be programmed to timeout and drop the modem or network connection.
this does not close ASA.

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

I'm running ASA 6.0. Connected over the LAN to a CM5.4. System Maintenance Command Timeout set to 120 minutes. If you're going to leave ASA up and running you need to change this setting or your ASA session does get timed out. ASA doesn't close however, just your session. Doesn't matter if you have a command open or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back