Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports fails to run

Status
Not open for further replies.

wherrin

Technical User
May 11, 2001
US
I have several reports that were created in an earlier version of access that won't run now that I have upgraded Access. Everything else seems to work ok. When I try to run the report it says the engine can't find that object. Help. thanks

what is the exact error message? is there an error number associated with it? What was the orig version of Access, and what version did you upgrade to? thanks.

The database was originally done in Access 97 but I have used it succesfully in Access 2000. Everything seems to work ok in the 2003 except the reports. When I try to run the reports the hourglass comes up for a few seconds then goes away and nothing else happens, no error message or anything.

in your original message you state "it says the engine can't find that object" but now you say there is no error message or anything? just needing clarification on that.

does this happen on ALL reports? or just some?

is there a query as the control source of the report? if so, can you run that query successfully?

thanks.

Have you checked the references ?
While in VBE, menu Tools -> References ...
Have you successfully compiled your code ?
menu Debug -> Compile

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back