Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports Based New Store Procedure on SQL Server - Can I delete the Old Store Procedure 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

codrutza

Technical User
Mar 31, 2002
IE
I had a report in Crystal Reports based on a stored procedure SP_OLD. I had to write a new stored procedure SP_NEW and I’ve updated in Set Datasource Location. Now if I look in the Crystal Reports Database/Show SQL Query appears SP_New, as expected. At the time I couldn’t delete SP_OLD, because it was still use by other reports. Now I don’t use it anymore, because we don’t use any report based on it, so I deleted it from SQL Server. The question is: why in Crystal Reports in Database expert still appears SP_OLD?

When you add a table or SP to a report, CR assigns an alias to that object. By default it is usually the name of the object. When you do a set location it points to the new object but usually keeps the old alias unless you change the alias. To change the alias of any table or SP you open the database expert and click on the table name. Then click it again (or hit F2) and you will be able to edit the name.

To see past the alias to the true object name you need to go to the Set Datasource Location window and go into the properties of that object. In this case my guess is that the object will look like SP_OLD (alias) but the properties will tell you it is actually SP_NEW.

Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guides to Formulas, Parameters, Subreports, Cross-tabs, VB, Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back