Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reports and forms based on several queries and/or tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPBoone

Technical User
Feb 3, 2001
US
I feel a little stupid with this one, but I have tried just about everything I know (which isn't much), and I cannot get this to work the way I want it to. I have a form:
1348-1 which is based on a query: Q-1348-1. The query is getting information from three different tables: DCU Log, ICRL-1, and ICRL-2. Then I have a report: 1348-1, which is basically the print version of the form, but is run from a different query: Q-1348-1print. Q-1348-1print is the same as Q-1348-1 except that it has three added fields defining the format for a barcode on the report. What I want is for users to be able to input data onto the form and after inputting however many records, be able to print the records that they choose. For example: Add 15 records, but only print 10 of them; and if need be, go back later and select old records to print at a later date. I have tried putting a check box on the form and queries, but it is always an "not updateable field". Any idea what is wrong with this? I know it is something simple, but can't figure it out? Maybe there is an altogether easy way of doing this. Any ideas?

Thanx

Can you give us the SQL statement that complains about the non-updatable checkbox ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back