Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reportnet: using calculations from FM within a filter in report studio

Status
Not open for further replies.

roberda

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2005
FR
Hi all,

There are lots of limitations of reportnet 1.1 MR2 with SAP BW datasources, for example you CANNOT use filtering statements on a BW datasource on business date/time functions: current_date, _first_of_month, _last_of_month etc...

still I need to filter my BW queries as following: 0CALDAY between 2005-05-01 and 2005-05-31.

I had the idea to create a calculation under framework manager that generate dynamically first_of_month and last_of_month from an oracle table.

When I test the results of these calcultions under report studio , the result is ok, but now if I want to include these calculation items in the filters of my datasource query...it does not work.

So first, can we use calculation results in a query filter? if so how?
if not, has anyone any clue how to pass this 'date/time' filter to a BW datasource from reportstudio.

thanks

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back