Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reportnet Problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sairaochowdary

Programmer
Aug 29, 2003
IN
Hi
I have an idea on cognos reportnet.Now i need some detailed information regarding reportnet.The information needed is noted below.

1.How do the data is taken into query designer and report studio.
2.Is it necessary to have catalog.If, so where do we point the catalog in query designer and report studio
3.whether the reportnet reports are posted into upfront using server admin tools or any other tools are provided with reportnet.

Thanks
Sai Rao

report is a newly deweloped reporing application from Cognos, and as such is totally seperate from teh existing BI suite IWR, PPES, Upfront etc.

1. Framework Manager is used to create the data sources for Reportnet, in much the same way that Architect can be used over Impromptu and Transformer.

2. Reportnet does not use catalogs.

3. Reportnet does not use Upfront, the reports are made available via the Report Studio.

I would suggest oyu take a look at the Cognos website or contact your cognos supplier for a demonstartion.

HTH

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

1- The data is pulled into Framework Manager using the local native DB connectivity.

2- As mentioned, no catalogs. RN uses cpf files (models)

3- RN has it's own portal called Cognos Connection. The models are published to Cognos Connection via Framework Manager. Reports are then created in either Report Studio or Query Studio.
The portal is optional as you can use the SDK to add the RN content into your own portal if so desired.

flex

Is there any backward compatibility?
1. Can a report created using Cognos 6 be opened and then edited using Cognos ReportNet?

2. Does ReportNet have any component which maps to the Powerprompts. What it is called?

Can these (powerprompts) also be opened and edited using ReportNet

Thanks in advance
Abhi

When I grow up, I want to be a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back