Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportNet chart scale problem with Master/Detail report

Status
Not open for further replies.

furthur

Technical User
Nov 1, 2000
US
I have a ReportNet report that consists of three pages: 1-Title Page, 2-Line Chart, and 3-List. The user is prompted to enter in one or more Group IDs and all three pages will be generated for each Group ID entered. I have a Master Query and 2 Detail queries to generate the data for the report.

My problem is with the chart on the second page. When the report is run for just one Group ID, everything is fine. When I run it for more than one Group ID, the chart is scaled for all the groups combined. For example, if Group 1 has a maximum amount of $100,000, and Group 2 has a maximum of $20,000, then the chart will always scale from $0 to $100,000 even for Group 2. Whatever the maximum amount is for ALL groups is used to create the scale on the chart, which renders the charts for most other groups useless. I cannot get the chart to adjust its scale for each Group ID independantly. I can hard code in a maximum and minimum amount for the scale, but that does me no good.

Has anyone else had to deal with this problem and found a solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back