Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportNet and security

Status
Not open for further replies.

ornel

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
HU
HI
I'm a newbie with ReportNet. (but I use PwrPlay, Imprtu, PPES, IWR)
I have a questions I am hoping someone can help me with.
Can anybody tell me about ReportNet and security (How it works? Compared to Series 7?)

thx
ornel

The security model in ReportNet can be easily integrated with the existing security infrastructure
in your organization. It is built on top of one or more third-party authentication providers. You
use the providers to define and maintain users, groups, and roles, and to control the
authentication process. Each authentication provider known to ReportNet is referred to as a
namespace.
In addition to the external namespaces that represent the third-party authentication providers,
ReportNet has its own namespace called Cognos. The Cognos namespace enhances your
organization security policies and deployment ability of applications.
Security in ReportNet is optional. If security is not enabled it means that no third-party
authentication providers are configured, and therefore all user access is anonymous. Typically,
anonymous users have limited, read-only access.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back