Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ReportNet 1.1, filtering for null and/or spaces in query items.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbtcust

Programmer
Oct 26, 2004
US
Hi all.

For ReportNet in the Ad hoc query environment, how can I filter for null and/or spaces in query items that are char, var char, numeric, and date?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

In Query Studio, I don't think you can. The filtering available in Query Studio for ReportNet is very simplistic (one filter per column, multiple column filters can only be ANDed together etc). The only solutions would be a) to have the modeller create predefined filters in the package which could then be dragged into the query, or b) to use Report Studio.

Regards,

MF.

mfgf, thanks for replying.

I think I get your QS point. I just want to confirm.

You are suggesting that:

1) in FM we create a predefined filter that is set to null or space in the package, e.g., set PreDefileQi = Null
2) drag that predefine filter into the query, e.g., drag PreDefileQi and QryItemWithNullValues into the query
3) match that predefine filter to the query item I want to test for null or space, e.g., PreDefileQi = QryItemWithNullValues

Hi,

I don't think you can even achieve this in Query Studio. I think your modeller would need to create a whole series of predefined filters eg

Filter 1 - QueryItem1 is null

and

Filter 2 - QueryItem2 is null

etc

In query Studio, the user would then need to drag in the null filter for the query item they were using in their report eg

If the user brings in QueryItem5, QueryItem6 and QueryItem2 as data items, and wishes to include only rows where QueryItem 2 contains a null, the user would need to drag in Filter 2 above.

Best regards,

MF.

OK I get it. I'll pass this on to the modeler. Thanks so much for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back