Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting Syntax Errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mags1972

IS-IT--Management
Feb 28, 2005
GB
Hi,

I am writing a map which transforms a file as well as reports any rejections if present. For that i have done the settings so that map does not fail when it gets any syntax failures. Rather it writes it in the Reject output card and continues with the next record.
I am using IFERROR() to find if the record is syntactically wrong and then REJECT() to report the record back as rejected one.

These settings work for some errors, like if i provide characters in date field the map works as expected and does not fail and continues with the next record. But if i provide a record with wrong length, the map just fails. Can these failures be avoided?

If the input is so off that the map does not recognize it as being an input type, then the map will fail with input invalid. You might want to label an item as an identifier For example, a header record always begins with "HDR". Let's make the first item a tag that can only contain the value "HDR". Then in the type tree designer open the header group, select this item, right click and select "Identifier".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back