Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

MDXer

Technical User
Oct 19, 2002
US
Has anyone had a chance to really put SQL Reporting Services to the test?

My Concerns are
1) Ease of Use
2) Performance against both SQL and Analysis Services.

"Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!"
- Daffy Duck

From our initial tests it has been a God-send!!! It beats what we have been tied to for years ... Crystal Reports! It was a pretty straight forward setup as long as all of the needed requirements were met. It has been up, running and stable for us for over 9 months now.

We have developed many reports for in-house and client-side projects. Works really well with SQL Server.

As for AS, we plan on our first implementation in a few months. We would try to move sooner but other projects have our attention right now.

Thanks

J. Kusch

Jay,
We have a zillion crystal reports that we are delivering via ASP 3.0. My compnay is interested in SRSS and was wondering if we can develope the reports with VS .Net and deliver them with ASP 3.0. Any comment would be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
Clyde

I know for sure development may be accomplished w/ VS.Net, that is what our platform is. As for delivery w/ ASP 3.0, I have not seen any reason why it cannot be accomplished. We use ASP.Net

Thanks

J. Kusch

hi all
im posting this here for lack of a better a place to post it let me know if there is somewhere else to post it
i am developing reports in ssrs and i have a 2 pie charts as subreports the first chart has a legend and both charts have percentage labels for each piece on print preview everything shows up fine but when i try print out the report the words in legend do not show up and none of the percentage labels show up any ideas?
thanks
jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back