Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting Services Web Report access

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibib3

IS-IT--Management
Feb 14, 2002
GB
Hi
I have deployed a number of RS reports which are accessed via IE. To make access to these reports easier I created a shortcut to the page on the desktop. To further aid the users I entered the userid and password and ticked the save password option. So the users can now just double click on the shortcut icon and they have immediate acces to the report. All to the good.

Some new reports needed to be more restricted so they have a different userid & password. However even if I delete the shortcut, the IE history, Autocomplete files et all, when I try to access the new reports instead of asking for a userid & password, the URL automatically opens up the page with the original reports on.

I've tried our IT helpdesk but they cannot suggest a way round it. It seems to be remembering it some how and I wondered if RS stores the password some where? I'm tearing my hair out as it affect a dozen or so of our users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back