Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting services parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

plsh

Programmer
Mar 5, 2003
ZA
Hi there,

Does anyone know if it is possible to make drop down parameters multiple select? Much like one can in a list box by holding down ctrl and clicking on the records, but the same in the drop down for parameters.

Please any help will be great.

Regards

Not that I know of. You can have multiple parameters though and this isn't that bad unless you need to display them in the report header.

Thanks,

Unfortunately I need to be able to make multiple selections in the parameter drop box that reporting services creates, that is the way the boss wants it, not always the best, but I guess when the boss says jump I have to say how high and in this case, try and find a solution. Maybe I will be able to convince him, but for now he wants me to research the idea further.

Thanks again.

Hello plsh,
Were you able to find a solution to this problem? I am also looking for SRS to allow multiple parameter selection within a single list box. Hope to hear a response soon.

Thanks,
scan2k

Hi scan2k,

Unfortunately not. What I ended up doing was allowing for an all option in the drop list. Then the user could either select a single value or all of them but as for 2 or 3 out of a long list I am afraid not.

Sorry I couldn't help more, if you are ever able to come up with the solution please can you post it.

Best regards
plsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back