Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting queued error: faulting application myapp.exe mod msvcr80.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tj1900

Programmer
Mar 18, 2010
US
Hi,

I am getting Application Error in event log when I start my windows service in one of my environment. "Reporting queued error: faulting application myapplication.exe versionxxx,faulting module msvcr80.dll versionxxxx fault adress....."

My service developed in c# 1.1 and installed in win server 2003.I am using a third party dll in my service, this is providing their sdk libraries.

Did anybody faced this, please share your thoughts..

Thanks, Tj.

Can you debug your windows service and see where the error is happening?

I don't think .net 1.1 is installed by default on Server2003. 2.0 is, but 1.1 isn't compatible with 1.1. You could download 1.1 and install on the server, or you could upgrade the service to use the 2.0+ framework.

You should also include logging in your windows service so you can monitor what's happening. log4net is a great logging library which many project use. You can configure it via XML so you can alter the configurations on the fly without restarting your service. This way you can get an idea of what is happening in your application.

when i build services I like to add an AppDomain.Current.UnhandledExpection handler to log exceptions. This is a final "something went wrong" notification.

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

faq855-7190
faq732-7259

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back