Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting on Null

Status
Not open for further replies.

CSchilling

Technical User
Mar 25, 2014
Hello!

Here is the formula I created. If you think of a better way please by all means make suggestions!!!

I basically wanted it to tell me if anyone has a null value in the Coverage End Date field to read Active so I can then tell the report to only pull employees with Active health insurance.

Iif ( {PS_HEALTH_BENEFIT.COVERAGE_END_DT} IsNull, Active, {PS_HEALTH_BENEFIT.COVERAGE_END_DT})

I am getting the error of "The ) is missing". I have no idea where it would be missing at though. Do you think iti s a problem that it is a date field? Do I need to convert it to text?

Any help you can provide is much appreciated!

Thank You!

To check for null, it would be in the form: Iif ( isnull({PS_HEALTH_BENEFIT.COVERAGE_END_DT}), Active, {PS_HEALTH_BENEFIT.COVERAGE_END_DT}). I am assuming that Active is a variable that you have created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back