Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting on missing fields

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2nuk

IS-IT--Management
Dec 24, 2002
GB
Hi there,

Hope someone can help with this query, I am working on a patient care system that contains assessments which are recorded every 6 weeks.

Each assessment contains 12 questions that are scored 0 to 5. 0 being used to record a question that is not applicable or a non issue. This means that every question should have a score. I want to produce a report to highlight assessments where some questions have been missed out.

Not sure how to go about it and could with guidance on best way to proceed.

Thanks in advance.

Depends how your data is arranged.

Are the 12 questions held in 12 fields in a single record?
If yes how is an unasked question represented - Null Value or something else

Or
Are the 12 questions held as 12 separate records

Latter is more difficult as you will need to left join from a table which always has the 12 question or their record IDs.

Ian

Hi IanWaterman

Thanks for getting back to me, I have a table titled completed_assessment and there is a question for each field along with a text field for each question that is used provide evidence of the chosen answer.

Where a question has not been recorded, it is recorded as a null value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back