Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting Networker data

Status
Not open for further replies.

garion42

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2005
DE
Hi All!

By boss wants me to regularly report on Networker usage. How much we have stored to tape, tapes that are full and so forth. I know there is a reporting mechanism in the Management Console, but my boss wants to access this information from an external application (i.e. a web front-end) so it can be displayed to the higher-ups. I looked throught this and it contains exactly the kind of information I need. I just need to figure out how to access it externally.

I inherited this system, so I only know how to work with Legato as a user, but I am pretty knowledgeable about SQL queries, parsing text files, etc. I just need a kick in the right direction about where to look. That is where and how is this information stored.

I am grateful for any help.

regards,

garion42

Hello,

with mminfo (command line on the server), you can access the whole media database, thus querying full tapes (or filling percentage), volume of data saved...

This may be a good start, after that, you 'just have' to build your own front-end... or try this one :
Denis

Wonderful! Thanks!!!!

The boss wants his own dashboard, but I think the Reporting Utility Kit is a good place to at least get ideas. I played a little with mminfo a bit and about a dozens ideas popped into my head already.

WOW!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back