Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Reporting/Chart Help - Contains latest max(date)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kobayashi

Technical User
Oct 11, 2001
US
Access 2000.

I have a report, based on a query, based on a simple table, that shows a list of individuals, a number field, and a date field.

I want to show the historical trend (in a chart which I've done) whereby the x axis is date, y axis is number, for each individual.

Now, and here is the hard part (for me), I only want to show all related and historic records within the report/chart if each individual has a current entry, i.e, there is a record for the individual with the latest date - say 15/06/2006?
Also, ideally, rather than hard code/parameter this value I would like to use a max([my date field]) function to find the latest date and then use this value to see if there is a record.

Hope this makes sense and appreciate any/all help!

Regards,

Adrian

Sounds like you're on the right track to me. How about creating a SQL statement in code to include that value, and setting the Report's source to that SQL statement as apposed to the existing query. That should give you all the flexibility you need.

Thanks kjv. Sounds a little complex but I'll have a go and let you know how I get on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back