Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Writer Limitations 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

zinger1

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
What are the limitations in choosing Microsoft Access for a Report Writer for an organization?

Pretty open question. Depending upon your needs/requirements MS Access may or may not work 4 u.

MS Access is a great tool for development of ad-hoc queries (and reports) for data analysis and such. MS Access empowers the user(s) to manipulate and create reports as needed.

In terms of reporting limitations, I can not readily think of anything worth noting. I've used other tools (Crystal, Report-Smith,..etc) and MS Access seems to meet my needs.

htwh, Steve Medvid
"IT Consultant & Web Master"
e-Mail: Stephen_Medvid@GMACM.com

Chester County, PA Residents
Please Show Your Support...

I cannot remember the specifics, but I have run into problems where I exceeded the number of fields permitted on a report. I had to work around this by getting fancy with subreports.
Also there is some limitation on the number of fields containing expressions which can be contained within a report. Too many calculations can lead to overflow errors and the like.

The only one I can think of is that a user would have to have Access or the Snapshot viewer installed on their machine to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back