Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Wrap

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotaxmax12

Technical User
Mar 22, 2011
US
I am working up a report that a customer would take from a spreadsheet and copy and paste into a word document for presentation. The report in Excel yielded 8 rows, but 17 columns. In order to present the report, they copied the first 8 columns and pasted them in the report, then copied and pasted the remaining 9 columns right below. Essentially like a word wrap, but on the whole table.

I am trying to re-create this in CR, but not sure if my solution is reliable. I am planning to use a report with two sub reports, each sub report holding 8 and 9 columns of data, then placing the sub reports in the main reaport that will simply contain the header/footer information.

Any other solutions?

Thanks all

JJ

In the report's details, put cols 1-8,
then right click in details
"Insert section below"
D is now Da
and you have Db
In Db, put columns 9-17

line columns up,resize etc,note loss of column headings for fields 9-17
You can prefix the fields in Db with text boxes if required.
Save

export as Excel data only, maintain relative position
col 9 is now below column 1,
one record appears on 2 excel rows.
Beauty of this is, no subreports required.[smile]
If you export same without checking the maintain relative position, al1 17 cols appear on one line

You could create the word doc for them if you page break after the Db and exported to Word RTF

I do this all the time but can't post examples due to security restrictions by my employer.

Please note that you are in the wrong forum. Threads like this belong in forum767: Business Objects: Crystal Reports 1 Formulas or forum149: Business Objects: Crystal Reports 4 Other topics.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back