Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report with two Content Sections and one query

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMay0816

Programmer
Mar 1, 2007
US
Sure hoping someone can assist me. I'll give a little history first. A while back, I created a very nice report with a couple different content sections. This report utilized one query. To keep it simple, we'll say this:

select item1, item2, item3 from tbl1 where item3 in ('A','B')

Very basic.

Well...I created an individual library for this report which stored the query.

As luck would have it, I now need to modify my nice report to add something to it. Well...stupid me somehow at some point in time deleted the library.

I can pull up the report and have the structure laid out in front of me and have a copy of the query. My issue is that for the life of me, I can't figure out how I set it up to where the Content Sections use that one query but only display information for that section.

Such as

Section 1 displays info on item3 ('A')
Section 2 displays info on item3 ('B')

Not asking anyone to write my code, I'm just hoping someone can help jar my swiss cheese memory to help me figure out how I did this the first time.

I was thinking the OnRead() to isolate just the 'A' for Content section 1 and 'B' for section 2, but I don't think that was it.

Thx,
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back