Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report with summary totals based on date ranges

Status
Not open for further replies.

madctch

MIS
Jun 12, 2007
US
What I have is a series of records sorted by the company and then whether it is a New enrollment or not. I am attempting to make a summary below all the records that tells the totals of the records based on the date the agreement was effective. In the form I was able to identify each affective date with it's range and now I am wondering how I can construct the query(ies) for the sub reports I would put in the report. What I cannot figure out is how to make the queries sum similar entries based on the date range I calculated and adjust the ranges for each project. The only way I have been able to think of doing it is to enter the date ranges into the queries myself sum based on that, but this only works for the first project.

madctch,

Little confused as to what you're trying to do. Sounds like you need an expression to evaluate based upon a date range. Something that says "if the date range is a specific something then yes else no" and then add those up.

I suggest NewEnrollment: iif([date]>= some date,1,0)

Then you can sum this in the footer.

If this is not what you need, reply with more specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back