Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report with prompt for Ranking metrics, etc 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bittmapp

Technical User
Jul 21, 2003
US
Hello,

I have to create a fully prompted report that allows the user to do the following:

List the (Top 10 departments in sales) or (show the departments in the Top 25% of sales) or (Bottom 10) or (Bottom 25%) for a chosen Store, for this week.

Do I have to build separate metrics for Rank Sales, Rank Sales %, etc, and break by Store, have the user answer a prompt with all of these metrics in it, and also answer a prompt with Top 10, or Top 25%? I think that I may be confusing myself with this.

Is this simpler than I am making it out to be?

Thanks,

bitt

OK. You have a single report. You have a current week filter embedded in it. You have a Store prompt embedded in it. Now you just need an object prompt.

This object prompt should contain four filters, one for each filter that you want the user to choose from.

The first filter would be Top 10 in Sales. The second would be the Top 25% of Sales. Etc.

You don't need metric filters.

A user would come in, be prompted on the Store prompt and on the object prompt, which would ask the user to choose between Top 10, Top 25%, Bottom 10, and Bottom 25%.

If the user chooses Top 10, then the Top 10 filter gets processed, which would contain a metric set qualification on Rank Sales.

If the user chooses Top 25%, then the Top 25% filter gets processed, which would contain a metric set qualification on Rank Sales %.

It's that easy.

entaroadun,

thanks so much! this works very well. one last question.

is there a way to show all of the stores and their respective Top 10 sales performing departments?

thanks again

bitt

Do you want to launch this from the same report, or is this a completely separate report?

I guess this would be a second report.

The first report would be for store managers (can only see their own store's data) and the second report would be for Distric Managers (can see all of the Stores data)

Thank you so much for your input.

bitt

Simply build a Sales Rank metric that ranks departments and breaks by stores. Then build a filter using that metric with a metric set qualification of Rank <= 10.

Put that filter in your report and you should get what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back