Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report will not run when parameters used

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterb58

IS-IT--Management
Mar 20, 2005
I had to re-install Crystal Report XI after a few problems on my machine.

I have now found that any report I have which has parameters will not run.
The parameters dialogue box does not close when you click OK. You cannot Cancel, you can only click on the red cross in corner to close the parameters dialogue.

I created a very simple report which listed some addresses from a table which worked OK. When I added a parameter to filter the Street number by a range, it no longer ran.

I have also noticed that the Open File in the Recent Reports section is no longer working. Using the File>Open or the Icon on the main tool bar work OK.

Is as though there is something broken when working on certain parts of Crystal

I am using CR XI 11.0.0.1282, which has always worked fine.

Thanks

Pete

I have just downloaded the trial version of Crustal from SAP and it is doing the same thing.
Looks like Crystal needs something I am missing. Does it need specific versions of .Net?
I have Java installed, but only .Net 4.

This is the only application which is suffering.

Thanks

Pete

Parameters dialog is shown using the default browser. Did you change it soon? If you have multiple browsers installed try to temporary change the default one and see if this will resolve the issue. If yes you will need to fix the browser not Crystal.

Viewer, scheduler and report manager for Crystal reports and SSRS.
Send your report everywhere.

RTag

I did upgrade to Firefox 16 recently. Tried removing it and leaving IE as the default browser, but still no joy.

The parameters dialogue appears and I can select the available options for my parameters. It just does nothing when I click OK.

If I hover over the File Open under the Recent file sections, I can see Java fncrOpenCentre(") on the status bar, again clicking does nothing.

thanks

You can use a system restore point to restore your system to the point before Firefox installation. If this is not possible I would try to install Chrome or upgrade IE.

Do you have issues on a developer machine or you need just to run the reports ? If you need just to run the reports we have a free viewer, which is not using Crystal report parameters dialog. You can use it until you resolve your issues.

RTag

The machine is my development machine. I can design and build the reports, just cant test them when I have parameters.

IE is already at the latest version, v9.0.8112.16421.

I have also uninstalled CR. Logged as local admin and re-installed. Still no joy. I did notice that when I click on any of the buttons which don't work, I do get a system click. Windows acknowledges the button has been clicked, but nothing further happens.

regards

Pete

RTag

I have checked all that and they are enabled in both Firefox and IE. It must be something deeper than a simple option. I have also uninstalled Java and .Net and put them back.

I have also tried the latest CR from SAP and it does the same.

thanks

RTag

I have just installed CR in a Win 7 virtual machine ( win 7 professionsal SP 1 ) and XP SP 3 virtual machine.
Both are standard installs and have no Java updates installed. XP has only .Net 2 and Win 7 only has what is supplied with the OS.
I use VM for a variety of thinh=gs and had a couple of 'spare ones'.

Both installations work perfectly without any other modifications.

Just wish I kenw what was going on with my machine!!

RTag

I have reinstalled Win 7 and all is solved. Something deep in the Java world of my computer was broken.
All I have to do now is decide whether to keep the upgrade to SAP CR 2011 or not.
First impressions when looking at existing reports are not good, but that is another discussion!!

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back