Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

***//?Report width is wider than page width

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhsurti

Programmer
Apr 21, 2003
IN
I have been trying to create this report and every time i get this error:
"The section width is greater than the page width, and there are no items in the additional space, so some pages may be blank"

My page set-up has a custom page of 5.5"(w)x8.5"(h). Margins are set to Left, Top and Bottom - 1" and Right 0.5". The widest textbox in the details section is 3.5". Yet I get this error. So i tried creating another report in design view and without adding any control in it, I checked the preview. And I got the same error.
What is the problem. Why do I get this error and how can I rectify it?

I need the solution because I ma tired of bringing up the print dialog box every time and select pages to print 1 to 1.
Thanks

How big is the page itself in design mode? make sure it's not over 5.5 in width and no longer than 8.5 in height. It seems that the "white page" in the report is to big, not really the report itself. Just drag the white area in to the proper dimensions and rerun it....

[rockband]

I have made it sure that the white page width is no more than 5.5" and also the height totals to 6.25"(1" top margin + 0.5" page header + 0.5" report footer + 0.75" bottom margin + 3.5" details section). So where am I going wrong?
Any further suggestions?

I have had similar problems and found that very often there was a line control - usually very close to the grey section separator that extended out a little too far. Once I found this and re-sized it, then dragged the page size back in, it worked.

As I said earlier, even if I create a blank report without adding ANY control to it and using the custom page I specified, i get the same error. So what section width is Access talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back