Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report w/ 7 subreports - web access problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

puehn

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
US
I have deployed several reports via the web using
a url such as with no problem.

Many include subreports, however, I am having problems with
one which contains aprox 7 subreports. It appears to run
but only fills the main report data. When run through
crystal reports 8.5 , it runs fine.

Has anyone run into this problem? Am I exceeding licensing
issues?

Shouldn't be a license issue.

Try saving the report under diffferent names, each of which with one of the subreports eliminated or suppressed.

Or perhaps the subreports are pointing to a data source unavailble from within CE?

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

If the subreports are linked subreports then that may be the cause of the problem. My experience is that each sub reports added to a report has an exponentially negative impact on performance. 1 or 2 is OK but 7 can be a real killer especially if the subreports are reading from large data sets.

I view of the world is that linked subreports should only be used as a last resort. If you have the access and capability try using database views or stored procedures before using subreports...particularly if you need to have more than about 1 or 2.
Regards,
Steve Remington
Wave Business Solutions
steve.remington@wavebusiness.com.au

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back