Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report using two tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

whjwilson

Technical User
Jan 20, 2006
US
Is it possilbe to build a report in Access pulling information from two tables? How can I do this or make it happen? Thanks.

When dealing with more then one table, you gather the information in a query and then use the output as input to the report. Sounds like you're new to Access. Before proceding, I recommend looking through a couple of books and taking some courses. Access is not like Word. You need to establish alot of basics first - like NORMALIZATION. In your case, you need to know the RELATIONSHIPS between tables and possibly how they're JOINED. If you're going to try and create an Access database without the proper training, I wish you luck.

Have a look at Query

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ181-2886

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back