Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report using totals query not calculating on report

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliesmomma

Technical User
Jun 3, 2002
US
I am creating a report to calculate total number of patients per month and it will look something like this...

April May June
1 1 9

I did a totals query where it counts where it is grouped by [Month] and counting Record# (CountOfRecord#]. The query calculates just fine. I get the correct totals.

On my report I am hiding the detail but creating these calculated fields.
=iif([Month]=4,[CountOfRecord#],0)
etc...for the rest of the months...

In the report footer I am referencing this field name.

I have created a report like this before but this time for some reason, I am only getting the total for the last month in the report footer, something like this....

April May June
0 0 9

I don't understand why it won't put the correct totals in the other 2 months. I looked at the detail section and it is putting the correct numbers there.

I know this probably sounds a bit confusing but could someone give advice on this?

Thanks in advance!

Try:
April
=Abs( Sum([Month]=4 * [CountOfRecord#]))
May
=Abs( Sum([Month]=5 * [CountOfRecord#]))

Duane
MS Access MVP

Have you thought of creating a crosstab query that calc's the month with a count of each record. You may need to create the month field based on another field? i.e MonthYear: Left ([Datefield],2)+"/"+Right([DateField],4) as the row and Records:Count([Records]) as the value?
Then create the report from the new query?
Hope this helps.

If a Crosstab was used, it should be limited to one year of records and set the Column Headings to Format([DateField],"mmm").

Duane
MS Access MVP

Thanks for your replies. I used the crosstab query and that worked like a charm.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back