Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

vince1209

Programmer
Mar 6, 2008
US
I created a table and created a query from the table. I saved the results into a report. Basically I want to use the same query using different criterias and save the query which will produce the same report with different info based of the query. What am I doing wrong?

You probrably should create a form and then have the different criteria addressed on the form and then have a button called "Open report" This button would take into consideration the criteria on the form.

As far as "What am I doing wrong" is dependent on what are the results you are getting.

ck1999

I thought that if I created the report from the table I could create different queries and from the result of the queries will show up automatically on the report....so I need to create the form from the table first then save the form as a report?

If the report is tied to a table queries do not make a difference.

If the report is tied to a query then changes in the criteria of that query will effect the report.

If you set up a form (switchboard) like I mentioned earlier you use code to change your criteria like a query except once it is working you can select a criteria and press the button vs opening the query and making the changes closing the query and then opening the report.

If you plan on using the different criteria often I would take the few minutes and set up a form.

ck1999

CK:

I think I understand you. I actually have a switchboard set where I have a main menu of several reports I wantto automate with spreadsheets. I have been able to set up an employee profile using forms to where a new entry can be added at the end for out temp to put in a new employees info. I may need some tips on how to script importing a query into a subform. I think I may need the verbiage to do that. I will use the earlier suggestion and create a form because what I want to do is use the same report with the same design and change the query's criteria to show different data. Thanks for your help so far

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back