Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Totals Question 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

olgas74

Technical User
Feb 18, 2003
US
I need to be able to sum the values of two calculations on a report I have created. Here is the scenario:

I have a report which is a packing slip used for product shipping. The report is grouped by customer and product group. Within the product group I have calculated subtotals on piece and weight counts. The piece count is based on a calculation which states that for every 38 lbs a new box is created. Once that has been calculated I then need to determine the weight of the physical packaging. (In this case each carton weighs 1.85 lbs.)This is done by multiplying the number of cartons times the 1.85. The weight calculation is the physical weight of the product times the number units ordered. Finally I need to add the weight of the physical product and the weight of the shipping cartons. Unfortunately, because these are calculations and the values are not stored I am unable to do so. Please let me know if you have any suggestions. I was thinking of possibly doing an initial calculation in my query but I'm not sure how to complete this.

I'm replying to the original post: thread702-1277275

Write a TOTALS query first, that sums the weights of each "Product Group". Then do the calculations pampers notes above.

If you still need help, it would be best if you detail your table structure, any existing queries, some sample data, and sample desired output.

Thanks.

Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244. Basics at

Ginger and Pampers,

You both put me on the right track. I had to writ multiple queries to get the results I needed for my reports then I created a union query which I used for the control of my report.

Thx,

Olga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back