Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report times out at loading time due to inactivity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

UHsoccer

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
US
I have a very large report with about 1000 formulas (most for printing purposes) and it has three Subreports. When I load it locally it takes about three minutes to load (Dell 880 hz clock speed).

Once published to the server, the load time when trying to run the report apparently exceeds some kind of parameter on that machine.

Can anyone help me with this?

Hi,
In the CMC ( in the Servers tab) you can set a longer 'Minutes Before an Idle Job is Closed:' value for the Cache and/or Page servers..

If it is the # of records and not the time, then it needs a parameter set on the command line for the Pageserver service : add -maxDBResultRecords 0 to remove any limitation on the # of records returned..( Pageserver wil need to be stopped to do this and then restarted)

hth,
[profile]

The "minutes before an idle job is closed" was set to 30 minutes already.

How do I add the "maxDBResultRecords"? The server for the reports has numerous services running, which one do I use and (more important) how do I add that to the command line for that service? I have never done that before.

Hi,
Just the Pageserver service needs the change.

Open the CCM ( Crystal Configuration Manager)- Not the CMC - on the server.

Stop the Pageserver service.
Right-click and select properties..
The command line can now be edited..add, to the end, the
-maxDBResultRecords 0 part and restart the service.
( Warn your users first, since no reports wil be available until restart)
Here is the complete command line I use:

\\IRMW2KSCES\C$\Program Files\Crystal Decisions\WCS\pageserver.exe" -service -name irmw2ksces.dot.state.mn.us.pageserver -ns @IRMCESERV -restart -maxDBResultRecords 0

Your entry will be different, of course, since it will have your server and APS names..

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back