Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Studio report based on different level of detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

navshiv

MIS
Feb 15, 2002
US
Hi

I'm hoping somebody will be able to help me with a complex report I am writing in Report Studio (well, it's complex to me!).

I have a list report which starts with product code followed by a number of measures e.g. revenue, margin, quantity, ASP. The source of this data is a relational database.

Further along are some variances based on these measures but some of them must be based on lower level detail by customer. This is important as it gives different results to if they are done by the higher level product.

I'm find this difficult to explain but my question is how do I have some columns based by the product level but others based on totals of lower level detail.

Thanks for any help. Apologies for confusing you!

The grain of a list report is by nature the same for every column in the list, otherwise it would not be a list.
You can introduce different grain for the rows though by setting the value for the customer dimension to a fixed value which will roll up data to the next level (in your case product)

If you want different grain on columns you would need 2 seperate lists

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back