Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

report Selection by user

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malta393

Technical User
Apr 8, 2002
EU
Complete Novice-I need a report where the user will select say a manager name and his/her costing no and account code and dependant on what the selects a report showing these details between a start and end date(input by user) is produced?

The report figure produced is dependant on either of 3 tick boxes on a form.

Any Clues if this can be set-up?

Any help appreciated greatly to reduce my sleepless nights
thanks

Wow malta,
Your request is real vague. But based on the little you gave, there should be no problem creating this report. But need more info to help guide you. Is all the info about the manager stored on one table? Is the data from multiple tables? How is the form set up? Pleas eprovide some more info, or if you can (and it isn't a huge file), send me the database at the address below and I'll figure it out for you. There is no I in team. [elf]

Robert L. Johnson III, A+, Network+, MCP
robert.l.johnson.iii@citi.com

I agree with mstrmage1768 that there's a lot of information needed before a solution can be given.

Since you call yourself "complete novice," however, you may just need an outline of the steps.

Create a form to capture user input and call the report from the form.

When the user hits the "Report" command button on the form, build your report queries based on the given information. Then show the report.

Hope this helps you get started and sleep better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back