Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report runs thru Crystal, but not thru Smart Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tam2001

Programmer
May 24, 2000
US
When we run a particular report from asp, we are getting a blank smart viewer.  There are no error messages, and no report.  This same report runs fine from Crystal.  We are only getting this thru the Smart Viewer.  This report has several parameters being passed and it includes a subreport.  We've upgraded from 7 to 8 in hopes of eliminating this problem.  Does anyone have any ideas.  Thank you.

Well, you obviously have the smart viewer file in the same folder as the report. Otherwise you wouldn't even get the viewer. Toward the bottom of the smart viewer .asp file there are a couple lines that look like this:<br>Location.Protocol + &quot;//&quot; +Location.Host+&quot;/fred/rptserver.asp&quot;<br><br>See if that location is correct. Maybe you are pointing it at a rptserver.asp file in another directory.

thank you for replying.&nbsp;&nbsp;I did have the rptServer.asp file in the right place.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br><br>Through various tests, I found that by saving the data with the report, I no longer get a blank report.&nbsp;&nbsp;hmmm...&nbsp;&nbsp;Sounds odd, I know - I cannot imagine how those two issues are related, but it works.&nbsp;&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back