Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Runner - Oracle Connection Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

dass2

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
GB
Hi,

Last week I changed the database connection pwd password using the System Admin, Reporting client Security tool from DTA and TJM to DTA and DTA. Now, this impacted the reports and viewing the log files it said that the wrong logon details where entered. I changed the password back to TJM and all was ok but my question is, how could I have made Report Runner recognise this change of password?

I found the PW in one of RRs ini-files in the windows-directory.
And I think it's stored in the dictionaries, too...

Version of RR is 2.1 I know what the PWD but how does one change it to recognise the change done through System Admin on Call Centre Admin Suite?

Sorry, I' don't know exactly how to do it. But I would:

- try to talk to aspect. Support for RR is canceled, but perhaps you find someone who has some spare time and is willing to try to remember the old stuff in spite of all the documents were thrown into the fire during these cold winters some years ago :) Ask if the user DTA might be referenced by any other software
- backup the complete RR installation including the ini-files in \winnt and odbc datasources (ini-files and exported registry keys) or use another PS for testing.
- in System Admin add a new user, username and password 3 chars each.
- grep \winnt\*.ini (or wherever your OS is installed) and the full RR directory for the strings "DTA" and "TJM"
- use notepad for ini-files and a hex-editor for the rest of the found files to replace the found strings with the values of your new user.
- if everything works fine, change password of DTA and apply neccessary changes to the RR environment.
- call Aspect and tell them the new password. They have other accounts for their maintenance, but you never know... DTA is a standard account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back