Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report repeats Detail section

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSchubert

Technical User
Jun 6, 2006
AU
Hello All,

In the attached (Access 2000) database, the report repeats the Detail section once for every invoice from which it draws data. So, what should be a 3-page report on 10 invoices becomes a 30-page report with the same information repeated on pages 4 through 30. A 2-page report on 6 invoices becomes a 12-page report with the same information repeated on pages 3 through 12. What I'd like to happen is to see the information only once.
Open frmReports. Click the Invoice Totals button. In the Set Date Range form, leave the From date as 1/01/2007. Set the To date to today. You'll see the 30-page report that should be only 3 pages. If the From date is 1/07/2014 and the To date is 30/06/2015, you'll see the 12-page report that should only be 2 pages.
I've spent hours trying to figure it out. Hopefully some fresh eyes can make proper sense out of it.

Thanks in advance,

Phillip

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=752088ff-b2d2-4374-b5ae-39ffbf5a40d4&file=Test.mdb
It looks like you haven't set any link master/child properties.

I'm not sure I understand your table structures. You seem to be storing both details and summary data in the same table.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

As usual, I was making things more difficult than they actually are. The problem was that the main report was bound to a query that returned multiple invoice numbers, so the subreports in the detail section repeated themselves the corresponding number of times. Making the main report unbound solved the problem, and changing the way frmSetDateRange opens it (If Me!txtrptName = "rptRevenueByClient" Or Me!txtrptName = "rptInvoiceTotals" Then...) eliminated the prompt for dfldDate. I hope this post may assist anyone with a similar issue.

P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back