Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report refreshing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mz74

Programmer
Aug 4, 2002
GB
Hello,
I am not an experienced Crystal Reports user. I am building a website and needs to show some reports using crystal reports. I am facing a problem in this regard.

Any report do not show refreshed data if user tries to view results more than once in a session, unless client session is not initialized or user presses the Refresh" button on CR ActiveX.

Zaki

Are you using Crystal Enterprise?

How are you building the WEB site, which version are you using, how are you launching the reports, and have you checked the Crystal knowledgebase?

(search for refresh, there are many articles)

Crystal is a fairly sophisticated product, with many ways to approach WEB based reporting, you'll have to provide specifics if you would like a specific answer.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

I am using Crystal Reports 8 not 8.5 and Crystal Enterprise. I read an article that describes exactly what I need but the solution in it is not working for me. The article is:

I dont know what is wrong in my case. If anyone know something more about this problem I will be thankful.

Zaki

This sounds like the report is being cached.

Perhaps it's browser based, and you need to set the refresh to every page.

Or...Since you don't seem to be using ePortfolio, try setting the connect property, the developers guide should have something on it, I believe that it bypasses the cache server.

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back