Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandJT

Technical User
Jun 23, 2004
US
Hi

I have a report that I would like to insert a chart based on three fields from a table I created. The fields being Month, Office Repairs, and Plant Repairs. I add the information for let's say September with 54 Office Repairs and 23 Plant Repairs. I also have the months October, November, and December with nothing in the Repairs fields because those months haven't ended yet in my table. My problem is that when I create the chart, it lists my months backwards starting with December. I have tried and tried everything I could think of to list it from September to December and haven't been successful. Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance!!

are you ordering the query that is the basis for the chart? What is the query that is the basis for the chart?

Leslie

My query consists of two other tables: one for all the Plant Employees and one for all Office Employees. These tables list the Repairs for each individual employee. I used two different queries to add the total repairs for each table. I then created another table from the queries with the totals from the Plant and Office and added a field "Month". The totals are from the last day of September, but seems how October, November, and December hasn't come yet, the totals are blank. No matter how I set up the chart, it always list December first instead of September. I tried doing a query from my table that has the totals and the months and then list the months in desending order and when I ran it, it did what I wanted it to, so I created a chart based on that query, hoping that now it would start with September. No luck. I tried Ascending order, still no luck. The chart that I'm creating is a line chart so I have office and plant as my points, and have quantity on the left side and the months listed on the bottom. As a couple of months go by, I can monitor which department creats the most repairs (amongst other things, of course) But, no matter what I've done, it starts it with December instead of September. I'm all out of ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back