Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorphus

MIS
Nov 29, 2001
US
I am pretty new to Access, and am having problems with generating useable reports from a query. I have a query that is getting info from 4 tables based on input from a form. The grouping and sorting is where I am confused. Here is an example of what I am lookin for.

Company Information
Department Information
License Information
Frequency Information

I want it to show company information, then department information for that company, then license information for that department, and finally frequency information for that license. I have tried to setup grouping on one report, and also setting up subforms and still cannot figure it out. I have no problems when grouping on a form, but cannot seem to get it on a report. Any help appreciated, I am basically stuck.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Forgot something. When I preview the report, I am getting multiple listings for each entry, like if I have 1 License with several frequencies it will display the correct frequencies for that license, but it will do it for each frequency, so I end up with an identical listing for the number of frequencies. Thanks again.

Use distinctrow or distinct in your query. If you right click in the blank space on the query, options to isolate records or recordsets will perform this task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back