Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Report Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrtaylor

Technical User
Jan 24, 2002
US
I have a need to produce a report where all of the names in a particular group show on the report even though all have not entered comments. My tables include “tblName”, “tblComments”, and “tblContracts”.

tblContract - key field – Contract Number
tblCommnets – key fields – Contract Number and User_ID
tblName – key field – User_ID

The names in tblName can belong to any of 7 groups we will call groups A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. Each contract in the tblContract belongs to one of the groups A, B, etc. In the tblName there are fields for each group and Yes/No for the names. For example if John Doe is required to review data for contracts in groups A, B, and C he would have “Yes” checked in those fields in tblName.

I have created a report from a query, qryrptComments, by pulling all of the Comments against a Contract number selected on a form. This works great with the personnel’s status and comments.

Now the users want to see all of the personnel required to review the contract in the report based on the contract number and group. For example now the report is showing 19 names because 19 have entered comments. There are 42 personnel required to review and submit comments. They want to see all 42 in the report whether or not they have submitted comments. “Waste of paper in my opinion.”

Anyway how can I set up the query so it will pull all 42 into the report? I have also created Yes/No fields in the tblContract for each group A, B, C, etc. So if a contract is assigned to group A it will have a Yes checked.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,
Jackie [bomb]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back